Practical Apps is proud to announce the new Beta v1.1 release of our end-user application for Document Compare and
Red-Lining, CompareMate! Perform red-lined document comparisons via a simple, user-friendly
For the time being, we are
offering CompareMate absolutely free. That's right,
we're inviting you to download CompareMate and use it as-is
for free for up to six months! All
we ask is that, at your convenience, you leave us feedback in
our public forum about how we might improve on the product. We
also reserve the right to begin charging for future versions of
Features include :
- Does not require Microsoft Word or Office
(unlike competing products).
- CompareMate is Fast! Choose between two
highly-optimized algorithms when comparing documents to obtain the
best performance for your document characteristics.
- Compare documents that are stored in
.doc, .rtf and .txt format.
- Compare documents of different
types. For example, compare a Word document to a RTF
- Easily see differences in the two
compared documents in a side-by-side view.
a redline representation of the differences between the two
- See relative positions of differences in
the compared documents using the diffbar feature of the program.
- Navigate through differences in the
compared documents using VCR style buttons or by clicking directly
on the color coded diffbar.
- Customizable user options for difference
coloring and highlighting.
- The ability to save opened documents in
several different document formats. This applies to the
redline document as well.
- Pattern recognition technology is used within the program to ensure that differences detected in the documents are rendered in a visually intuitive way for display to the user.
EverDiff v1.0 is a native .Net
control for performing diff and compare operations between files,
strings or even objects. Accelerate the development of your own
Diff-related applications with this easy-to-use control.
EverDiff includes complete Visual Studio-integrated documentation
and sample code. Synchronous and asynchronous versions of
the control give you plenty of flexibility in how you design
your applications. Two version of the internal algorithm are
available for use, depending on the type of data being
compared. A sample forms-based app illustrates the various
uses of both control versions.
EverDiff is available in Basic, Pro, and Enterprise versions - click here to find
Check back shortly for EverDiff.J, our Java implementation of the same powerful diff control.